|English: SMS messages sent monthly (June) in USA in million, source: http://www.cellsigns.com/industry.shtml (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Caution: the Romance Impaired
As an original member of the romantically clueless, I need all the assistance I can receive before birthdays, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day for the mother of my children, and any other day my significant other determines is ripe for romance.
10 Quick Romance Restoring Suggestions:
1. Take charge, yet know exactly what she likes. If she does not enjoy roses, find out which flowers make her smile. If she loves Italian cuisine, do not offer wings at the sports bar at game time. If she lives for Broadway, don't push for Las Vegas. Mostly, she needs to know that you understand what her favorites are.
2. Buy a tree together with your partner and plant it in a private spot. Every year on your anniversary, drink a glass of champagne next to your tree and discuss how your love and tree have matured.
3. Always pay attention for things that your lover reminisces about and write them down somewhere. For example, maybe she speaks about the ice cream she enjoyed from a particular shop when she was small. When a special occasion comes along, look at your list of items your significant other talks about and try to recreate one of them, such as buying that special ice cream.
4. Arrange a secret outing for you and your partner. A number of travel agents will coordinate mystery packages where the destination of the trip is kept under wraps until you are literally on the plane or reach your destination.
5. Organize a professional photography shoot to create a portrait as a couple. Frame the photograph and put it in a prominent location.
6. If your lady has a pet, on Valentine's Day, Christmas, or her birthday, include a small present for the critters.
7. Utilize technology to your advantage. Romantic sms messages sent to the office are unintrusive and can mean so much more than a phone call. "I can't stop thinking about..." And then, "... XXX" It is all about love in the age of SMS.
8. If your lover has long hair, take the time to brush it using long slow strokes, particularly after she has had a shower or when she is preparing for bed.
9. Above all if you are married, you categorically need a date night, even if only once or twice a month. It doesn't need to be expensive, but it must exclude children, and include friends where you can show her off.
10. If your significant other has voice mail at work or on her mobile, leave a message saying "Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you." She will appreciate this anytime but especially when she is going through a tough period.
Ten ideas are not an exhaustive list, yet if you're like me, it really is more than she's been getting for quite some time.
Come on over to http://txtromance.com for the latest and greatest ways to use smartphone technology for old-fashioned romance and keep the starch in your relationship.
Tags: romantic sms for girlfriends,romantic sms in english for girlfriend,friendship sms for girlfriend,romantic sms for my girlfriend
Just a beginning, but everyone has to begin somewhere. No matter what you spend, if she senses the effort, your return will be 10 fold. If a holiday or birthday is coming up, go high tech and use SMS to text your ex or romance back.
By Charles Lamm